Terms & Conditions for members
These Terms and Conditions for Membership of Alliance of Digital India Foundation (the “Foundation” or “ADIF”) governs the rights and obligations as a Member of the Foundation and is effective on the date the membership confirmation is communicated with the Member through Email or registered post.
- Member’s Obligations.
- The Member will provide complete and accurate information on the Membership Application on the time of submission. In the event of any information being found false or incorrect at any stage, the membership shall be liable to cancellation/termination without prior notice or any compensation in lieu thereof or any refund of membership fee.
- The Member will communicate updated information through Email to ensure that it remains complete and accurate. In particular, the Member will promptly update any change in its email contact address.
- The Member will comply with the obligations of Members in the Foundation’s Articles of Association;
- The Member will regularly check the Foundation’s Articles of Association to ensure that it understands its obligations;
- Code of Conduct for members should be followed by each member, as per code of conduct document available on ADIF website
- Member consents to the use of its information in the Application for regulatory purposes; and
- The Member consents to communication by electronic means to its email contact address.
- The member agrees to abide by Articles of Association of ADIF.
- Information disclosed and decisions made by the ADIF in meetings will be kept confidential by members.
- Members should exercise their voting rights in accordance with laws and regulations of ADIF.
- Any member, other than the designated Executive Committee member shall not make any statement about or on behalf of ADIF either on public forums or in private conversations with ADIF non-members.
- Members shall attend each committee meeting in which they are invited by the secretary general of ADIF. Prior notice shall be given to the secretary along with adequate reason for not attending, if the member can not attend a meeting.
- In the committee meetings attended by members, they should –
- Behave in civil, respectful and courteous manner
- Make an effort to preserve a positive environment
- Refrain themselves from using anger, rudeness, ridicule, obscene or profane language, impatience and lack of respect for others and personal attacks.
- Benefits to Members
- Members can be part of the subject or sector specific committee and help in formulation policy agenda for the Indian startup ecosystem by sharing their views.
- Member’s recommendations will be part of the policy frameworks / documents / suggestions of the ADIF to the relevant Government organizations, Regulators and bodies.
- Members will get invited to select ADIF events, roundtables, webinars and other such initiatives.
- Members will get to contribute to the development of new technology frameworks and methodologies that will drive India’s future growth.
- Members will have opportunities to collaborate with like-minded startups.
- Members will be able to support and access research reports created by the ADIF the working groups/committees mentioned above based on area of business operations.
- Members may submit their suggestions/feedback/grievances to ADIF in writing by sending an email at email@example.com.
- The term of membership for Members shall commence on the effective date of approval of membership and shall continue until one year.
- The Executive Council, by a vote of two thirds of the Board of Directors who are currently serving, may terminate the membership for the action of the Member to take action or make statements adverse to the Foundation or for doing or refrain from doing something that may malign the image of ADIF. The Secretary shall give written notice to the Member of the decision and the termination shall be effective on the receipt of such notice.
- The Member may request to terminate its membership by electronic communication of the termination to ADIF at firstname.lastname@example.org. The termination shall be effective on the receipt of such notice by the Foundation. The Secretary General will promptly remove the name of the Member from the list of Members within seven days.
- ADIF may use a member’s name and logo on any website of ADIF or social media posts or print media or electronic media as a ‘member of ADIF’.
- ADIF has the sole right to accept or reject any membership application with or without any explanation.
- In addition, the Agreement may be terminated as provided in the Articles of Association.
- Marketing Programs. Members will have to grant access to ADIF for commercial use of member’s logo for ADIF’s marketing and promotional programs at no additional cost or conditions.
- Miscellaneous. Terms used in this Agreement and not defined in this Agreement shall have the meaning given in the Bylaws. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of India. This Agreement may not be transferred to any other party, whether by operation of law or otherwise. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning membership in the Foundation and supersedes all written or oral prior agreements or understandings with respect thereto. No modification, extension or waiver of or under this Agreement is valid unless it is communicated with the other party though physical or electronic means and accepted by such other party though physical or electronic means. No waiver will constitute, or be construed as, a waiver of any other obligation or condition of this Agreement.